Commercial exercise equipment is designed for heavy usage and is more reliable and durable than less expensive equipment. It is why they are the typical type used by health clubs. Commercial exercise equipment is better built than the non-commercial models. The components and materials are of a higher quality and they are designed to withstand frequent or continuous usage. Commercial exercise equipment can be purchased by consumers for use at home as well as for business usage in a health club. Here are some helpful tips on how to buy commercial exercise equipment.
- Do some research to learn more about what they have to offer. For example, you can check out our website as we sell all kinds of fitness products and have links to the websites of the brands we offer. Explore and read about the features available on commercial exercise equipment, their capabilities, warranties and costs. You will become a knowledgeable consumer who will be better prepared to make an informed purchase.
- Consider several factors as you conduct your research on commercial fitness equipment and carefully check out each feature. For example, if you’re looking for a commercial treadmill then you will want to consider the following:
- Look for a commercial treadmill that has what is known as a continuous duty motor. These models have more horsepower, can perform on a steady, on-going basis and are generally self-cooling. Commercial treadmills having a continuous duty motor are designed to last longer as they are of a higher quality.
- Commercial treadmills are designed with advanced cushioning and have heavy-duty decks made to withstand continuous usage. Look for quality belts with a warranty in the range of 2 years.
- Materials used in the construction of a commercial treadmill frame should be high quality, welded metals made from high alloy steel or aluminum that is of aircraft quality. The warranty for a commercial treadmill frame should provide a lifetime guarantee.
- The best rollers for a commercial treadmill tend to be larger in size as they produce less friction and tension when the unit is in use. The bigger rollers generate less heat and tend to have a longer life.
- When looking at commercial treadmills consider the attached console unit that operates the treadmill. You will want a unit that is easy to reach and use in addition to being easy to read.
- Visit several fitness centers for a comparison shopping trip. Bring along your list of features to look for so that you will be prepared when you look at what kind of equipment they use.
Using these tips will help you make an informed decision about what type of fitness equipment you will want to buy. You will want to buy something that is durable and reliable. When purchasing and commercial product you will be getting something that is normally used for high usage facilities right into your own home.